Re: License Plates

To: Bud Pazur <bpazur@excel.net>
Subject: Re: License Plates
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:11:51 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bud Pazur wrote:

>My point is I guess you can get away with some things if you don't get stopped
>for a moving violation.

A good point to remember is that you can never talk yourself OUT of a
ticket, but you can easily talk you way INTO a ticket.  It is all in
attitude.  I once stopped a guy for going 15 over in the middle of the
night.  I was just going to warn him and ask him to ease off some.
However, as soon as he got out of his car, he started yelling and
screaming every obscenity and quaint old Anglo-Saxonism you can
imagine.  Well, you can imagine he did get a citation.  Oh, and then I
also cited him for 16 equipment violations that I usually ignored or
warned.

All this time, the guy is screaming at me, and suddenly stopped,
saying.  "Hey,  why am I yelling at you , and all you are doing is
fucking me more with your pencil?"

When I finished, I wrote on the bottom of the citation, "Very
cooperative."  It is a meaningless notation, but it always made people
feel good.  But this guy started to refuse to sign the ticket, saying,
"That's a lie, I haven't been cooperative."  In turn, I assured him
that, "Sir, compared to some of the people I meet, you have been
exceptionally cooperative, and I sincerely appreciate it."

Buster Evans