Re: Becoming "Famous"

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Becoming "Famous"
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:41:59 -0800 reply-type=response
I have a web page, as most know, with both my MG, and my Falcon woodie on
it.  When the writers were planning "American Dreams", they wanted the
family to own a 1960-63 full size Ford woodie wagon.  The casting company
was having difficulty finding one, and contacted me about my Falcon Woodie
wagon.  The offer was rent of $3500 per season, paid shipping, insurance,
storage, maintenance, and repair of any damage as a result of use.  If the
series made it beyond the first season, I was told the production company
would submit a "generous" offer to buy the vehicle, as once the vehicle was
in use, it is considered as important as a member of the cast.  Also, I
would have back stage pass priviliges at all times.  Unfortunately, they
found a full size wagon for use instead, and I have not been contacted
since. :(

At one of the all Ford meets I went to, I met a guy who owned 10 or so
different older vehicles, and that was how he made his living, renting them
for comercials, TV shows, music videos, etc.  The cars didn't have to be
anything special, or even perfect, since scene accuracy requires vehicles
that look stock and blend with the scene the director is creating.

David Riker
davriker@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/davriker/
http://community.webshots.com/user/fool4mg