Re: end of driving season

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: end of driving season
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:07:31 -0600
Cc: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>, spridgets@autox.team.net
On 11/15/05, Robert E. Shlafer <pilotrob@webtv.net> wrote:

> "whatever were you doing on that floor"
>
> enjoying the heat before going out to the
> airport and 0 - 10F cold Canadian weather
> at 5 o'clock in the morning, Jim.....I mean it gets REALLY cold "up
> there". :)

 I see. Please excuse me. My mind was
constructing images of things more in keeping
with the pursuits of a pilot.....
 In Thule, a C-141 pilot was waiting very impatiently at
2:00 am in the morning. The bird was fueled and ready
for departure to McDill AFB, Florida but could not be
released until the on-board toilets had been pumped out.
The temperature was 30 below zero in the dark and the
A/C was beating his hands on his sides to keep warm.
 Finally the pump truck appeared and a young airman
with no rank on his sleeve climbed out of the truck and
lesurely hooked up the hose while the A/C fumed.
At last, unable to control his temper any longer, the
A/C, a Lt. Col., stood the young airman in a brace,
demanded his name and told him he would have him
punished for his tardiness and lackadasical attitude.
 "Sir," said the youngster, "It's 2:00 am in the morning,
I'm in Thule, Greenland where it's 30 below zero. I
have no stripes on my sleeve, and I'm pumping $hit
out of airplanes. Now, just exactly what are you going
to do to punish me"?
 Cheers!!
Jim - he of the inert midget in Dodge City