Re: Ebay Sellers--an shill bidding

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ebay Sellers--an shill bidding
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:05:07 -0800
>It is amazing how many people will bid with over an hour left to go.
>All you accomplish by doing that is to drive the price up. From

   And I find it amazing how many people snipe. I see something I
want, I decide what I am willing to pay for it and bid and forget
about it until I get the e-mail that says I won or lost a few days
later.  If it is something I really need and can't afford to lose
like a car part made out of unobtanium, I add some insurance dollars
as to how much I am willing to pay and bid.  A few days later, its mine.

   Of course 4 1/2 years with ebay and only 28 transactions its easy
to see that I am not a big buyer on ebay.  Still can't believe I lost
that twin-carb manifold with carbs and linkage for a 1934 Singer  3
years ago though, who in the world needs one of those besides me !
?  I deal with mostly obscure stuff and often am the only bidder but
when I bid on popular stuff, I find that I have to add a few dollars
for the snipers who raise the price at the last second.

  Mike