Re: Ebay Sellers--an shill bidding

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ebay Sellers--an shill bidding
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:20:06 -0500
I disagree.  My theory is that I will decide what I am willing to pay for an
item, then let esnipe place that bid for me seconds before the end of the
auction.  If I placed the bid any earlier, it gives another bidder the time to
decide that they really don't mind spending a little more after all.  If the
bid goes above mine before the end anyway, then I can leave the auction knowing
that at least I didn't help push the price up.

If EVERYBODY used esnipe, then the auction would feel like a secret one, with
nothing but sealed bids - everyone makes their best bid first, the highest one
wins it, and no bidding wars.

Steve