Re: Ignition Wiring Problem

To: Chas Douglass <cdouglas@oz.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition Wiring Problem
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:54:21 -0800
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Chas Douglass wrote:

>         Instead of fiddling with the points anymore I installed a
>         Pertronix electronic ignition.  ....
>         So, why did that wire fry?

You thought you could replace a fine Lucas distributor with a
new-fangled gizmo, and you actually believed that you would not have
Joseph Lucas haunt and punish you?  How naive!  It is not nice to fool
Mother Nature or tempt the Prince of Darkness.  Always remember:

    Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment:
    check the position of the stars, kill a chicken and walk three times
    sunwise around your car chanting: "Oh mighty Prince of Darkness
    protect your unworthy servant."

    The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."

    Lucas denies having invented darkness. But they still claim "sudden,
    unexpected darkness."

    Lucas--inventor of the first intermittent wiper.

    Lucas--inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.

    The three-position Lucas switch--DIM, FLICKER and OFF. The other
    three switch settings--SMOKE, SMOLDER and IGNITE.

    The original anti-theft devices--Lucas Electric products.

    "I've had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never experienced any
    prob...

    If Lucas made guns, wars would not start either.

    Did you hear about the Lucas powered torpedo? It sank.

    It's not true that Lucas, in 1947, tried to get Parliament to repeal
    Ohm's Law. They withdrew their efforts when they met too much
    resistance.

    Did you hear the one about the guy that peeked into a Land Rover and
    asked the owner "How can you tell one switch from another at night,
    since they all look the same?" "He replied, it doesn't matter which
    one you use, nothing happens!"

    Back in the '70s Lucas decided to diversify its product line and
    began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they
    offered which didn't suck.

    Quality Assurance phoned and advised the Engineering guy that they
    had trouble with his design shorting out. So he made the wires longer.

    Why do the English drink warm beer? Lucas makes the refrigerators.

    Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone....Thomas Edison
    invented the Light Bulb....Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.

    Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.

    How do you make AIDS disappear?  Give it a Lucas parts number!

Buster Evans