Re: Ignition Wiring Problem

To: Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com>
Subject: Re: Ignition Wiring Problem
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 12:27:04 -0800
Cc: Chas Douglass <cdouglas@oz.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bud Osbourne wrote:

>If you experience electrical problems with a BMC or Triumph product, it is
>due to one of about four main reasons.
>1.) You are an idiot
>2.) You are lazy
>3.) Both #1 and #2
>4.) The turkey who works on your car is a lazy idiot.

Hey, Bud, I qualify in all four categories!  However, I have found that
the same exasperation with Joe Lucas' wizardry is felt around the world
by folks far more expert, qualified, industrious, and smarter than
myself!  In fact, virtually all of the philosophical expressions I
posted came from the Petersen Automotive Museum, a place hardly known as
either idiotic or lazy!

>Oh, and another thing: Carburetor is a French word meaning "leave it alone".

Which is exactly the reason I dropped mine off with Burlen Fuel Systems,
the manfacturer of SU Carburetors, to be rebuilt after 45 years of
service, wear and tear.  They arrived yesterday, and they are
beautiful.  They didn't look that good when the car was new!

Buster Evans