Re: timing question

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: timing question
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 10:52:45 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Dec 3, 2005, at 8:30 AM, Bill L wrote:

> is it better to static time or use a timing light? that is which is
>   the most accurate, taking into account that centriful advance
>   changes the readings? and if static is better, where should the
>   crank be when doing the "spark test"?

Bill,

I have never used a timing light for static timing, does not mean it
can not be done.  I always used a VOM for static timing an I think it
is at 7 degrees.  These days I use an adjustable timing light and set
it dynamically.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (Trevor, in boxes)