RE: Re[2]: Non-hypothetical question, 1098 vs. 1275

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>, "Bill L" <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: RE: Re[2]: Non-hypothetical question, 1098 vs. 1275
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 08:03:29 -0500
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Of course, I have been aware that late 1500 Midgets were fitted w/a 3.7 dif.
However, I had never heard a 3.55 ratio mentioned, until I read your post.
Since I can envision occasional 80MPH cruising speeds, while traveling w/my
Triumph buddies, I'm intrigued by the availability of a 3.55 dif.  Please
enlighten me.
Bob, you mentioned "just because an engine will go to 6,500rpm doesn't mean
it HAS to go there."  This caught my eye because, 'back in the day', I used
to love high rpm operation.  Now, as I've become older and wiser (depending
on who in my family you ask), I've come to love engines with plenty of low
end grunt, be it a BMC A series, or one of the big, marine diesels that I
work with/around every day.  And, with a couple of exceptions, I like my
engines to be relatively quite these days.  That being said, I have to
report that the rear section of the Ansa exhaust, for the chrome-bumper MGB,
works VERY nicely (with minor mods to adapt it) on a Spridget.  WHAT A
SOUND!!!
Thanks.
Bud Osbourne