RE: Re[2]: Non-hypothetical question, 1098 vs. 1275

To: Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com>, Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: RE: Re[2]: Non-hypothetical question, 1098 vs. 1275
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:43:24 GMT
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Ya' know, I don't believe this....I have been
toying with the idea of hooking up the rear
part of an MGB rubber-bumper exhaust system myself. It's one of the alternative
muffler systems I've been looking into since
my (rear muffler only) RC40 is on the way out....got a pinhole in it right now,
but by
Spring, it's gonna have to be replaced.

So this adopts very nicely, eh Bud. This is indeed good to know. And further
"tips"
(excuse the pun) you can give me in this
respect will be appreciated.

I agree with your experiences in terms of
further appreciation of low-end torque
over higher rpm operation....all else being
equal, engine lasts longer and for ordinary
town/country drivin', low and low-midrange torque is what it's all about, IMHO.
Less "attractive" to the gendarmes
as well! And the 5 speed makes this possible.

The 3.55 is advertised/sold by VictoriaBritish. It's not a complete pumpkin,
just the ring & pinion. Close to $3oo but goes on sales every now and then.

So you really like the sound of the rear MGB box on the Spridget, eh? Really
nice
to know. Glad we had this conversation!! :)

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)