Re: A few things

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A few things
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 10:13:00 -0600

-----------------------------------

>C) How do you know if it's a rod knock or the fuel pump when you use
>one of those cheapo little square pumps? My god that thing is noisy!
>It's louder than the cherry bomb muffler. It came with the car and
>is new so I used it for almost 10 minutes. It's gotta go!
  =====
With apologies to e.e.cummings, the ways to mount a pump.....

As it happens the Facet/Purloator/Shlepboys/Autozoned, etc. universal
square-bodied fuel pump has the same mounting ear dimension as an
MGB, big Healey transmission mount. Requires 1 hole for the  5/16"
stud on the mount, and the pump bolts to the "ears" of the mount
giving a nice 3/4" rubber silent block.

Peter C.