Re: Off Topic - Apple Mac Mini

To: "Charlie Shelden" <shelden3@pldi.net> information
Subject: Re: Off Topic - Apple Mac Mini
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:43:07 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
ABSOLUTELY!!!! A monolithic OS structure is a RBP. When one goes,
they all go. If you have different OS'es, then you at least can
salvage something and keep going.

Yes the entire Mac OS is going to Intel, according to the Steverino,
by the end of the year, and a new OS in the same time frame (10.5
Leopard). Before Vista.
As to #3, I don't get it either.
#4, I can not agree on. We do a mixed network and all play well
together, and I bet Penn is a larger network than yours. Penn is the
largest employer in the Delaware Valley and one of the largest on the
East Coast, after the Federal Government. You will note the the Army
went to all Mac web servers because they are just harder to break. (I
can find that article if you want me to back it up ;-)

All OS'es have good points and bad. Just that Macs are better in most
arena's. Well except games. Then Windows has us hands down.

On a t-shirt I saw recently
"For Development - Linux"
"For Work - Mac"
"For Solitaire - Windows"