RE: dueling websites?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: dueling websites?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:24:29 -0800 k0R6QD71025741
Hi all.  Greetings from the Left Coast.  I'm in complete agreement with WST
- the event should be held in conjunction with the 2008 Sprite 50th Race
Series.  My opinions after that are largely uninformed, because I haven't
been to any of the locations, nor are any of them convenient to me.  I'd
like a location that is fun to get to; but I suspect that route planning and
company will be more responsible for the quality of the trip than the actual
destination.

Regarding cost:  we have 2.5 years to get ready.  The event will happen once
in our lifetime.  I think that I can save up enough money by then,
regardless of whether it's $250 or $750.  (Yes, the we-tight brigade can
warm up the tar and start looking for feathers - but that's between $8.34
and $25.00/month until the date.  That seems manageable).

I don't have a problem with Jim volunteering to collect data.  I also think
that we should start by having Jim collect data based on Bud's suggested
questionnaire to get a handle on the actual level of interest, and then
compose a more detailed poll afterwards.

Per Bud's questionnaire, (1)Me (one person) (2)Seattle, to the Midwest or
less (3) tours, rallies, autocross, hill climbs, and maybe (slow) track time
(4)There is no earthly possibility my spouse would attend (5)A hotel would
be nice - if camping, somewhere with hot showers (standing naked outside
during a summertime thunderstorm does not count as a "hot shower") (6) 250 -
750

I'd love to meet my Spritely (and Midgetly) friends and honor the marques.
I am unable to lead the effort but would be glad to assist in a delegated
role - hopefully, we can organize ourselves such that the success or failure
of the event does not rest solely on one individual.

It warms my heart to see a group like this uniting to honor a history that
joins us together; and hope that we can work through the "rough edges" of
our varying interpersonal skills to get the job done.  Hope to see you all
in about 30 months.  Let's have a good time.

Phil