Re: Machine shop chatter (no lbc)

To: abcoz@hky.com, pilotrob@webtv.net, shelden3@pldi.net,
Subject: Re: Machine shop chatter (no lbc)
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:57:22 EST
In a message dated 3/1/2006 10:48:08 AM Mountain Standard Time,
abcoz@hky.com writes:

Of  course, "the other half", lacking an adequate education (which is  mostly
their own damned fault), along with, possibly, motivational  difficulties,
struggles to find decent jobs, in the shadow of the abandoned  mills.
Yet, the shopping malls are full, and thriving, as are the new car  dealers.

Yep...

Walmart, being the last decent place to shop, (sorry Bob) for our groceries
in El Paso, is always packed.  A couple of weeks ago, we got in the check  out
line behind a "nice" young couple.  I don't know his name, but we knew  her's
because it was tatooed on the back of his shaved head.  They were  checking
out two carts full of expensive, brand name foods, while the kids  picked out
toys at the impulse shelves next to the check out.  They had 4  kids under the
age of 10 and looked like one more on the way.  We talked  and they were
actually pretty nice young folks.

After they left, my wife and the checker were talking about how expensive  it
must be to raise 4 kids.  They apparently had not noticed that the lady  paid
for everything with a Lone Star card, which replaced food stamps in  Texas.

I guess if your housing is subsidized, and your food is paid for, you can
afford a nice car.  Granted, I did not see what they were driving, but I  did
see that they could both afford several hundred dollars worth of tatoos  and
piercings.

Sometimes I just don't know.....

Robert  Houston
Texan in NM

73 MG Midget
74.5 MGBGT
63  TR4

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first  woman she
meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill  again...
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/23877.html#email)
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Unknown/) Marin  County newspaper's TV
listing for "The Wizard of
Oz"