Re: Machine shop chatter (no lbc)

To: "KGB" <kgb@frontiernet.net>, "Spridget List"
Subject: Re: Machine shop chatter (no lbc)
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:45:16 -0600
> Personally, I would rather be right where I am, living in my un-mortgaged
4
> bedroom shack, driving my elderly Cherokee that I hold the title to.  Let
> the Joneses drop down to my level.  I have no need to keep up with them.

Amen to that, Kate! Our house is on a 15-year mortgage, my Midget and
Trish's Miata are paid for, Trish makes the last payment on her daily driver
in July and I make mine in December or January. We look around us at what
some of our friends have in the way of houses and toys, and it is hard not
to be jealous. It sure is nice to be able to say that we have not paid a
penny of credit card interest in several years, however. Sure we use the
cards, but we have made the committment that every card will be paid off
every month. It can be a little hard sometimes, but it doesn't get any
easier when you have to pay interest too. A prime portion of the financial
plannng of some of these people appears to be the concept that they are
going to die young and let the insurance take care of everything fo rtheir
kids. I would much rather be able to retire some day. Of course, there is
this nice little 73 Midget in the Quad Cities that is trying to lure me into
debt...
David Lieb