Re: Tire availability?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire availability?
From: Dave Grandeffo <davegran@ticon.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 20:17:46 -0600
Jim Johnson wrote:

> I have only 2 tire shops in town and neither wants to know about my
> 13" wires so iit looks as iif I will be bustin' the Midget's wheels
> down by hand.  The tires have an orange dot on the inside sidewall.
> Does anyone recall where the valve stem goes in relation to that
> spot??
>
> Also, any idea how I can go about balancing the damned things?

The orange dot (to be oriented by the valve stem) may or may not have
been accurately placed. The hot setup is to balance the bare wheels
first. The position of the weight(s) now represents the wheel's light
side. Mark it. Keep the weights in place. Then when you mount the tires
next, you can readily see the tire's heavy side. Reorient the tire's
heavy side over the wheel's light side you found in step one. Then
remove the weights and rebalance. This will balance your tires with the
least amount of added weight. Now see where the dot ended up.

--
Dave Grandeffo
www.kettlemorainemotorsports.com