Re: A Certain unfortunate irony

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>,
Subject: Re: A Certain unfortunate irony
From: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 15:46:26 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:53 PM

> > Beginning Irish drivers have a large sign with the letter L  - Learner.
> > I've always thought they should provide signs with a big T for Tourist.
> > Give the other drivers as much warning as possible!

I (and Denise) visited Ireland with the Plymouth Municipal Band  in 2003. We
played around Mid- and Southern Ireland. I was the only band member to rent
a car - everyone else got on a bus, and toured on the bus for the week we
were in Ireland.
The fun began when I picked up the (manual transmission) rental car at the
Dublin  airport, and immediately hit a busy roundabout to get out of the
city - I didn't know whether to $hit or go blind. Following was a week of
narrow roads, lorries coming the 'wrong way', and cross-traffic right turns.
I put on over 600 miles that week.
When I turned the car into the rental agency, the agent looked at the
odometer, walked around the car, and said "You are the first American renter
I've dealt with to put this many miles on a car without any damage". It was
a great vacation.

Bud

Whitey - 1275 Street Bugeye
Redd - 948 Race Bugeye
SilverStreak - 1275 Race Sprite
"The Buddha... resides as comfortably in the gears of a...transmission as he
does in the petals of a flower"

- Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and  the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance