Re: Mixture setting by ear 62 948

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Mixture setting by ear 62 948
From: "Dan Gillitzer" <dang@ticon.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 04:08:48 -0500
OK, I see what you're saying now. Have a couple follow up questions if'n you
don't mind:
Is it considered the correct practice to make the adjustments to both carbs?
If I make a change of one flat, I should be doing this to both carbs
automatically, don't change just 1 carb right?
Speaking of my choke, I am having trouble releasing them, the jets don't
seem to want to drop down to normal position by themselves. Not sure if the
choke cable is supposed to assist them down or not (choke cable inner wire
is solid, not a braided cable). Outer cable pops up out of the small
doo-hickey (or what PPP calls a "framus") in the rear carb that the end of
the outer cable rests in, the small tube-looking thing. When I am adjusting
the carbs, I am making sure the jets are fully up though.
Also, on the choke trick, if I disconnect the bar which links the choke
levers together, and hold the throttle high by hand, could I just pull down
the choke a bit on each carb individually to see if the mixture is OK on
each carb? Or again, just do them as a pair?
At least it runs relatively OK for the test, later on I can probably talk
PPP into looking over the state of tune with me, but would like to see it
run a bit better before Monday.
Thanks!
Dan