Sprite passed just fine

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite passed just fine
From: "Dan Gillitzer" <dang@ticon.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 19:25:11 -0500
Got the Sprite inspected, and have already put a few miles on it. It's a
blast! Here are some squawks I'm going to slowly iron out:
As far as the mixture, I'm sure it's rich as I added a chrome extension and
it's black inside already. Nice think is it should be easy to remove the
extension to clean and recheck tailpipe color.
The fuel gauge needs to be tested, it showed a little under 1/4 tank, and now
it's full and ready just over 1/4. Any diagnostic routine would be
appreciated.
Tach: pretty much down for the count, will need another tach drive thingie for
the back of the generator, I'm sure this is the problem. Tach itself is NOS.
Bad clunk in back. Found spare not tightened down, will tighten and recheck.
The exhaust pipe is really close to the axle, close enough that I think this
may also be the source. Will also adjust pipe.
Trip odometer works only intermittently, pulling down on reset shaft seems to
fix problem for a short distance.
Wife liked a ride in it, and she wants to learn how to drive it, hasn't had
any manual tranny experience. I can't see where the Sprite would be any easier
or harder to teach someone to drive a manual. Except maybe harder for her to
observe what I'm doing with my feet.If anyone has been through this and has
some tips for the teaching process I'd appreciate that too.
Dan