Re: 1967 Austin A60 Pickup

To: "WFO Herb" <froggi60@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 1967 Austin A60 Pickup
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:45:11 -0500
On 6/27/06, WFO Herb <froggi60@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Call me old...but maps used to be the way of knowing where you were and where
>you were going!

Okay.  You're old.  So am I. I still prefer maps because I find
navigation instruments far to myopic. Ya see, I like to wander as my
interest dictates. With a map I can see places 100 miles or more
either side of my basic route. Then I can give in to a whim and blast
off too see something I've never seen before. Even if it is the worlds
larges ball of twine (Calker City, Kansas!). With a Garmin, you get
the route and that's pretty much all. Besides...  It ain't no fun
until you're lost and have to stop at a tavern and ask directions over
a beer/////   ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City