1967 Austin A60 Pickup

To: <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: 1967 Austin A60 Pickup
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:28:08 -0500
Gents,

I recently bought a 1967 Austin A60 Pickup from New Zealand that I will be
picking up this weekend at the port in Baltimore to drive home.

Since this truck was first purchased in February of 1967 by a guy in New
Zealand, I believe it was most likely built in 1966 and would probably be a
positive ground system.  My intention is to wire up a cig lighter socket to
the 12 volt system and then plug in a 110 volt inverter to power my laptop
with GPS on the way home.

Is there any problem with using a positive ground 12v supply to the inverter
vs a negative ground?  I'm thinking not, but I don't know much about inverters
and the 12v DC to 110v AC process.

As always, TIA for your help.

Larry Daniels

79 MGB LE
72 Midget
60 Bugeye
67 Austin A60 Pickup -- just arrived from New Zealand into the U.S.

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."