Re: Spridget 50th

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Spridget 50th
From: "Robert A. Valentine" <robert@valentinephoto.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 23:45:33 -0400
You said it Frank!
2,600 miles in 6 days on the BABE rallye.  No top, sun beating down,
95*, 95% humidity, rain (with no top), no wipers, broken tranny,
broken alternator, no radio half the time, and it did not end with a
gathering of fellow spridget people.

AND.. I would do it all over again!!!!

I could only imagine how much fun it could be with a few days of a
spridget gathering at the destination.  If my work would allow, I
would be at this thing, where ever it may be held.  These are
"cars".  They are meant to be driven.  One of the reasons why we like
them so much is that they are fun to drive.  It's great driving
through places you don't know, and people asking you about your cute
little car, getting thumbs up from a passing cop, or having that 6-
foot-4 biker dude look at your car at the gas station and tell you he
had one of these cars, and wishes he hadn't gotten rid of his 20
years ago.  Half the fun IS driving the car and letting others,
outside out our little corner of the world, look, admire, and ask
questions.  Whatever happens, just remember that driving these cars
"such a long distance" shouldn't be the downside of where the event
is held.  It should make you want to take the trip even more so.

Just my $.02

-
Rob Valentine
74 Yellow Bugeye'd Midget