Re: Re[2]: Weber DGV Installation Question (old school)

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Weber DGV Installation Question (old school)
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 08:31:11 -0500
It isn't the "technology" in the ricers that amazes me, it is the cubic
dollars spent (and the relatively small return on investment). Some things
never change; this is the same as the kids when I was growing up who were
convinced that they started with 100hp, added this part, claimed by the
manufacturer to add "up to 7hp", so they now had 107hp (at least on paper),
and so on down the shopping list. As often as not, the net result on a dyno
would probably have been less than they started with, but it seemed to do
great at bench racing. Likewise the ricers tend to be mostly about bragging
rights, too, so once again it comes down to who out-spent the rest and got
something the others are still lusting after. The last thing they want is to
go head to head against someone who knows what they are doing, especially
since they really have nowhere to use their car's "potential".

I do have a soft spot in my heart for ricers, since they allowed me to
resurrect one of my favorite jokes...

Q: Why do ricers put those fart cans on their cars?
A: So blind people can hate them, too!

Originally, the question was why VW Beetles made that funnny whistling
noise, but no one remembers that anymore ;-(
David Lieb
1972 Blue which beat a 2003 Mustang GT and a 2002 Camaro at Tire Rack last
Sunday