Re: Helium in Tires

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: Helium in Tires
From: "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 07:52:49 -0400
Charles and Boyles gas laws say that the composition of the gas doesn't
matter.....provided it's pure gas....throw a little water vapor in and the
bets are off.

One of the reasons nitrogen is used in aviation is that it comes from a
bottle so is DRY.

Of course it's more expensive than compressed air which is another reason to
use it the military and aviation bidness!!

Geoff Branch