Re: Helium in Tires

To: "John D. Caffrey" <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Subject: Re: Helium in Tires
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:24:16 -0400
john,
 i run those low pressures for 1/2 hour to 1 hour road races.  the vehicle
weight is so light the vintage race tires have next to no contact patch if
i run higher presures.  the nose of the sports racer is so light i can pick
it up and literally carry it !
i'm running 5.00-15 tires and considering going down to 4.50-15's on the
car.    i'm able to run with lister jaguar specials.  those darn cars are
fast-fast-fast!  and, i'm lighter and able to late brake into corners in
spite of 4 wheel drum brakes!  john , you've got as bigger brass set of
(them) than i do!  i have no desire to run open wheeled cars!   my father
was the same way in that respect.
but!  my vintage H-mod sports racer is as close as you can get to driving a
formula car! seriously . i tip my hat to you in the formula car!  at over
6' tall there are few formula cars i could fit into.  but , i'd  love a few
laps to see what it's like from you'r point of view....

chuck