Re: Roundy thingies

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>,
Subject: Re: Roundy thingies
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:13:06 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
To: "spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 10:12 AM
Subject: Roundy thingies

Group,
I have a 65 Sprite on a pallet in back right now. It has hubs,
spindles, and axles, but is resting on a stack of pallets.

I also have several blocks of steel, a lathe, a milling machine, and
I can kind of weld.

I know some of you drive your cars on the street without pallets
underneath, and I was wondering if you could give me the measurements
of the devises that allow you to do that. I need to know OD, width,
number and placement of bolt holes, etc. Also, any input on
enhancements would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Retep

==================================

C. Retep,

OD of approx. 20.5 inches and a width of approx. 7 inches.  These figures
may be adjusted somewhat to your taste.

4 holes drilled equidistant in a 4 inch circle concentic with the axles will
work well.

Pressurize to 25 PSI, more or less, with a mixture of 79% nitrogen, 20%
oxygen and 1% of an assortment of readily available gases.  You can find
some in the back end of the shop near where the shocks are rebuilt.  Just
look around -- they are there.  If you can't find these gasses locally, I
will bring some warmed up samples with me next time I come over.

LD