Re: How were Spridets sold originally?

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How were Spridets sold originally?
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 00:04:13 -0500 (EST)
There were a combination of exclusive import dealers as well as American car
dealers that sold foreign cars. In Wallingford, the Oldsmobile dealer (remember
those?) also sold MG's and Austin-Healeys. In Hartford, there was the famour
Palotti and Pooledealership which sold all lines of British cars plus Fiat.
Supposedly Palotti and Poole were one of the oldest Brit car dealers in the
U.S. Back in the 60's Wallingford even had an exclusive Lotus dealership. I
wonder how THEY stayed in business?! Remember too, back in the 50's and 60's
dealers didn't have dozens of foreign cars to sell, they dribbled in.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/