Re: No LBC---Health Insurance

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No LBC---Health Insurance
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 14:21:13 -0600
> OK, in Jim's example 100% of the patients with false ID's paid 0% of the
> costs for the services they received.  Pretty Optimal and Obvious to  me.

Oh no, you have been talking to Ed again, haven't you?!
That same group of people could have represented 40% of the billing from
that hospital. Or it could have represented 2%. Or 90% (very doubtful, too).
My point was and is that statistics based on the percentage of patients is
not
a meaningful way of expressing the impact of these cases.

Now will someone tell Jim what those bolts are for???
David Lieb