Wireless routers -No LBC

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wireless routers -No LBC
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 12:00:50 -0500
You guys know mostly everything...I need some advice.

I've got a wireless router that seems to have rotten range-even in a
straight line with no intervening walls, file cabinets, plumbing, etc.
It's about 5 years old and might just be ready for the junk heap.  For
Christmas, I was given a G wireless card for my laptop (because the
router's a "G").  Looking at new routers, it appears that most are now
"N".

What's the difference?

Should I bag the G card and just get an N router and a new card, or
should I look for a G router.

Why does it look like N is replacing G?  Is the new "format" superior?

JohnD

Digitally challenged

Prefers points to Pertronix