Re: 99-44/100% complete

To: Philip Nase <bugi1960@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: 99-44/100% complete
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 20:45:48 -0500
Philip Nase wrote:

> What did you do to locate the rear axle Frank?  How do you determine where
> it should be?

On initial assembly I had a problem getting the axle centered in the
rear wheel opening so I shimmed out the radius are mount 3/16" with some
aluminum. After the first drive, one side was still centered, the other
was off by about 1/4" so I removed the shim on the left side.
With new spring hangers and nothing but rust flakes to measure from on
the initial replacement of the spring boxes, I assumed I measured from
what was there not counting on what rusted away. Thus the shims in the
first place.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ