Re: jack stands

To: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>, Spridgets
Subject: Re: jack stands
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 10:57:41 -0700
> I won't trust my health to HF and that ilk
That's silly. They're all Chinese now and the HF's are the better ones.
Their heavy duty stands are really tall, and they should be good for at
least a dozen Sprites.  While you're at it, pick up one of the HF long frame
floor jacks. They have a lifting range of over a yard, which makes life much
easier. I've been using this setup for getting under Ford trucks for 13
years now. I've never had had a problem lifting the front or rear end of a
truck, never had to add oil to the jack, and never thought twice about being
under a 4000lb truck supported by 4 HF stands.
If you really want American made jack stands...get out the welder and go for
it.
While I'm at it...I just bought some Chinese tools from Grizzly. Harbor
Freight tools are made much better, Grizzly tools have nicer paint.
BZ