Re: China bashing--Now LEC reading times

To: Bill Gilroy <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: China bashing--Now LEC reading times
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 10:58:21 -0700
> Bill Gilroy wrote:  "I must work for a bunch of heathens, we don't get
> Good Friday off."

I was talking with my dearest friend this morning, and she is a doctor
at one of the few Catholic hospitals that are run by Sisters.  She and I
go to the same church, and I was wondering if she was going with me to
the Stations of the Cross at noon today.  No, she said, all of the St.
Jude Hospital staff and affliated doctors' offices would be working a
full day.  Our first duty, she assured me, was to their patients and the
people who need them, and they must carry out their religious
obligations at other times.  Interesting, yet understandable principle!

Buster Evans