Re: [Spridgets] garage door

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] garage door
From: Weslake1330@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 13:15:57 EDT
Guy,

Remember most if not all of these guys have back-up generators!

W E S L A K E 1330

dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com writes:

>  Powered garage doors? - there's a novel idea!
> How do you get the car  out when there is a power cut?

On mine, there is a release similar to  what Robert was describing which
allows me to disconnect the opener from  the door, which reverts it to manual
open and close (but still assisted by  the springs). I don't recall ever
needing to use it for that, however, as  our power is seldom cut. Are you
seriously telling us that these are not  commonplace in England? Few garages
here that don't have them.
David  Lieb