[Spridgets] engine questions...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] engine questions...
From: ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 01:54:32 +0000 (UTC)
i am driving a stock 1275 '74. on the highway i am concerned to push past 4k
rpm's for any length of time. I also have a minor oil burn that i attribute to
valve guides and recessed core plugs in the head. At some point i will
"refresh" the engine not that i know what the hell that actually means but it
sounds good. what if anything can be done to improve highway speeds without
going to a 3+k 5 speed. i think I am doing about 70 at 4k rpm's i just want to
do 80mph for highway driving especially considering MG2009 in toronto and the
midget 50th in wisconsin.
thanks
ryan
'74 midget