Re: [Spridgets] engine questions...

To: ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] engine questions...
From: Edward Perez <eap2140@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 19:20:38 -0700 (PDT)
I would do a serious engine analysis and get the compression numbers and run a
leak-down test.  See where you stand.  If you have solid numbers, you might see
a little more life out of it.  I'm in the process of "refreshing" my engine and
the head work is the brunt of the expense.  My exhaust valves were buried in
the head pretty bad.  Not sure how long you can run without risking long term
damage.  You might find a quick fix out on ebay.  Old Grey Norm seems to post
some pretty decent ones every now and then.  They go for around $60-$80 bucks.