Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - Kitchen Appliances

To: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - Kitchen Appliances
From: Macy Larry <lmacy@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:59:23 -0500
We put a Bosch Dishwasher in when we redid our Kitchen. Best freaking
dishwasher that ever saw. Low water usage, sparkling dishes and You really can
not hear it when it's running. We sit at the bar in the kitchen most of the
time and we do not at all mind running the DW when sitting there.

As for MW - All the same, We do not really use ours. Popcorn on movie night.
Fridge - We have a Fisher-Paykal, but only because of a boo-boo in the design
and it's the only one that fits. Range/Oven GE Profile Ceramic top. Convection,
Digital. That's new, but I like it.

But definitely get the Bosch DW.

Larry

On Jan 17, 2011, at 8:55 AM, HealeyRick wrote:

> OK, the dishwasher crapped out and since all the other appliances are
> getting along in years, we're going to spring for a new fridge, range,
> over the range micro and trash compactor.  We've pretty much settled on a
> Bosch dishwasher but while doing research I find the same thing on just
> about every brand (including Bosch).  There's so many online complaints
> about each brand it's tough to decide which one is any good. I
> subscribed to Consumer Reports online to read their reviews and even the
> ones they recommend are followed by a bunch of online reviewers
> complaining about problems.  Are they all a crapshoot as far as getting a
> good appliance or has anyone been consistently happy with the
> performance of one brand over another?  We don't mind paying for a
> quality product, but on the other hand we're not in the Sub-zero,
> Viking, etc camp.  Any recommendations?
>

> No Lucas refrigerator jokes, please and don't tell me what you have that's
>lasted 20 yrs. They don't make 'em like that anymore
>

> Rick

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

 Ask a question and you're a fool for three minutes; do not ask a question and
you're a fool for the rest of your life.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums