Re: [Spridgets] (no subject)

To: bob@texmog.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] (no subject)
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 23:24:24 -0600
If you mean me, yes I agree.  It is, of course a matter of personal taste
but
I far prefer the bikes to be like they originally were in complete detail.
If
you have an old original, leave it original. It will make you appreciate not
only the nostalgia of the original ride, reliability and handling, it will
also
help you to appreciate the same qualities in the modern retro bikes.

The new Triumphs are really nice as was pointed out, but if you can't
leave an oil puddle where you park it and the lights always work then
you haven't captured the essence of what the Triumph that was.

Cheers!
Jim
1989 K100LT BMW
1976 R90/6 BMW