[Spridgets] No LBC - Kitchen Appliances

Subject: [Spridgets] No LBC - Kitchen Appliances
From: healeyrick at yahoo.com (HealeyRick)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 05:55:19 -0800 (PST)
OK, the dishwasher crapped out and since all the other appliances are
getting along in years, we're going to spring for a new fridge, range,
over the range micro and trash compactor.  We've pretty much settled on a
 Bosch dishwasher but while doing research I find the same thing on just
 about every brand (including Bosch).  There's so many online complaints
 about each brand it's tough to decide which one is any good. I
subscribed to Consumer Reports online to read their reviews and even the
 ones they recommend are followed by a bunch of online reviewers
complaining about problems.  Are they all a crapshoot as far as getting a
 good appliance or has anyone been consistently happy with the
performance of one brand over another?  We don't mind paying for a
quality product, but on the other hand we're not in the Sub-zero,
Viking, etc camp.  Any recommendations?

No Lucas refrigerator jokes, please and don't tell me what you have that's
lasted 20 yrs. They don't make 'em like that anymore

Rick