[Spridgets] Need a new TV - No LBC - No Dishwashers

Subject: [Spridgets] Need a new TV - No LBC - No Dishwashers
From: thcollin at mtu.edu (Tim Collins)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 08:55:42 -0500
Mike,
There's YouTube videos on how to make this fix yourself for pennies.
The problem is usually bad capacitors from Ch**a. I picked a DVD
player out of the neighbor's junk and found a bad capacitor in the
power supply. Replaced it and now it works OK. Too bad it was just a
cheap DVD player. I'm waiting for someone to put their TV out at the
curb here. Watch the vids. You can do it yourself.

At 08:37 AM 1/18/2011, Michael MacLean wrote:
>I have a 3 year old Samsung 53 inch LCD TV that has the power supply circuit
>board going out for a second time.  Last time it was repaired under warranty.
>This time it going to cost $300 to fix.

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006 at N07/sets/