[Spridgets] Need a new TV - No LBC - No Dishwashers

Subject: [Spridgets] Need a new TV - No LBC - No Dishwashers
From: 72spridget at gmail.com (David Lieb)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:36:31 -0600
> There's YouTube videos on how to make this fix yourself for pennies. The
> problem is usually bad capacitors from Ch**a. I picked a DVD player out of
> the neighbor's junk and found a bad capacitor in the power supply. Replaced
> it and now it works OK. Too bad it was just a cheap DVD player. I'm waiting
> for someone to put their TV out at the curb here. Watch the vids. You can do
> it yourself.

Tim is right. There has been a major problem with electrolytic
capacitors over the last five years or so. Lots of excuses, but they
don't fix the problem. First step of diagnosing a problem with an
electronic device is to open it up and look for caps that are bulging
at the top or pushing the plug out at the bottom. Buy some new ones of
the same ratings from mouser.com or your favorite source (don't bother
checking Radio Shack, they haven't sold anything useful for at least a
decade) and change them out. Can't tell you how many power supplies
and motherboards I have fixed here at work as well as at home.
David L