[Spridgets] Need a new TV - No LBC - No Dishwashers

Subject: [Spridgets] Need a new TV - No LBC - No Dishwashers
From: derf247 at gmail.com (derf)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:35:55 -0600
I have less than $1000 in my system, (not counting the Klipsch Heresy
speakers) Optoma projector, inexpensive Sony receiver/surround
decoder.
I made the screen with a $20 piece of "blackout cloth" and 1" wood
furring strips and steel corner brackets.  It is only 110" because the
screen material is much cheaper for a 96X54 image than for anything
taller.
If you have the space for it a projector is the way to go.  My room is
20' X 20' and has a vaulted ceiling.
I used to work as a projection/sound tech for a large movie theatre
chain so I know a little.  The picture quality attainable with modern
projectors is great.
The el-cheapo Sony surround box sounds very good, even with 2 channel
in Dolby decoding.  Movies and ball games sound great.
I also have a little Western Digital TV-mini box that works great if
you like watching downloaded media on TVs.