Re: [Spridgets] High engine temp NON Spridget

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] High engine temp NON Spridget
From: lcjones <lcjones@croakingfrog.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:57:30 -0400
May not be anything ... but as a Ford owner, I've had numerous temp
problems. Stayed cooler than normal at idle. At speed normal temps. At,
for example, stopping at a red light, the temp would automagically  drop
well below normal. At take-off. back top normal. Never over-heated though.

Local Ford Dealer said the problem was impeller on w/pump and it's
disintegrated. Replaced w/pump ($700.00 ). Still had problems.
Turns out the water jackets in cast iron block would "flake rust" into
the heater core.  Back flushed heater core and that solved the problem.
Heater core back flush in now an annual ritual. No more temp problems.

Chap
*****