Re: [Spridgets] Throw-out bearing

To: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Throw-out bearing
From: Gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 21:25:26 -0800
The Datsun is different in that the TO bearing remains concentric by
traveling on a guiding tube and while the fork pivots, it can slide
freely on the back of the carrier. Probably not an unusual technique
among other manufacturers.

Gerard

On Nov 28, 2011, at 6:57 PM, Dean Hedin wrote:

> Gerard, I understand what your saying regarding the arc, but a lot
> of cars
> with forks have roller bearing throwouts (like the Datsun 5 speed for
> example)
>
> I think it is still better that the carbon bearing.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums