Re: [Spridgets] Adaptor Idea for slave cyl to 948 master cyl

To: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Adaptor Idea for slave cyl to 948 master cyl
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 08:56:20 -0800
Good. .  first or second attempt in the garage beats going down the
street!  I will probably use the 948 to the 948 slave or braze the
connection together. . .

Since I created more work for myself by forgetting to remove the two wires
from the Pertronix coming out of the distributor before pulling the engine
(and my third time pulling the lump) I have some time to ponder which way
to go with this.

Kirk

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 12:06 PM, <WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com> wrote:

> **
>  Where I've seen oil lines used with hose clamps the metal fitting the
> hose has been attached to is barbed.  Low pressure coolant fittings tend to
> have a flange rather than a barb.  The clamp isn't holding the flexible
> hose to the metal fitting it is holder the hose onto a barb or against a
> flange.  I doubt you'd get far enough to have a roadside disaster as I'd
> expect you'd have a failure on the first or second test in your garage.
>
> Regards
>
> Weslake-Monza 1330

> khargreaves2@gmail.com writes:
>
> It seems that I can knurl the end of the metal pipe and put it inside the
> rubber hose and clamp it with hose clamps?
>
> The fit seems to work. .  nice tight fit even before applying a couple of
> hose clamps to keep it in place.
>
> Has anyone tried this or am I setting myself up for a roadside disaster?

spridgets@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive