Re: [Spridgets] Adaptor Idea for slave cyl to 948 master cyl

To: "Lester" <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>, "Kirk Hargreaves"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Adaptor Idea for slave cyl to 948 master cyl
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 19:29:04 -0000
Kirk....
It really makes me wonder what the flexible lines going to the front brakes
are made from!  <smile>  But I do agree a slip on pipe with a couple of hose
clips seems rather fraught with danger.

Lester....
What about brazing a length of metal brake pipe in, put a tube nut on and
flare the end?    Or, if there is enough room use the metal end from an old
flexible brake pipe which will give you the thread and seal for a length of
new flexible pipe.
No good at brazing?  Thread the end of the brake pipe, drill and tap the
master cylinder and bond (glue) it in place.
Tight fit or not, a DIY 'slip on' section of ordinary rubber tube does seem
rather like a candidate for a Darwin Award if you are using it for brakes.

Guy R Day