Re: [Spridgets] Aluminum Radiators

To: Michael MacLean <springer.mike51@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Aluminum Radiators
From: Neil Anderson via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 12:19:44 -0500
Cc: Neil Anderson via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--000000000000ab750405c0e35afb

I bought a Wizzard for my Sprite project and then sold it to my buddy for
his modified 1275 Bugeye.  Wizzard radiators are not cheap, but they're
made here.  BTW, my friend and  I are driving his Bugeye from Chicago to
southern CA, leaving in two weeks for Conclave.  Road Trip!

Neil Anderson

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021, 11:35 AM Michael MacLean via Spridgets <
spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:

>      My Bugeye has been running hot in any ambient temperature over 80
> degrees lately.  I have the original radiator that was re-cored with an OEM
> type core almost 25 years ago.  I have been leaning towards getting an
> aluminum radiator.  Moss sells a two row aluminum radiator for $300.  You
> can get a Chinese made Bugeye type radiator on Fleabay for $165 with free
> shipping.  Nevermind the fact Moss charges a $10 oversize fee on top of a
> shipping charge of $27 and then of course California has to get their cut
> ($24).  It adds up.
>      A call to Moss just now was not all that helpful.  I was told that
> all they know is their aluminum radiator comes from Moss Europe.  Other
> than that, they have no idea country of manufacture.  Since both radiators
> are just about the same in construction and core size I am not sure what to
> do here.  With Frank's words on Chinese made crap echoing in my head might
> I be better off getting my original radiator re-cored with an up to date
> core that will have more cooling fin area?  Do the aluminum radiators make
> that much difference?
> Mike MacLean
> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
> http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/neilandcustom@gmail.com

--000000000000ab750405c0e35afb

 to my buddy for his modified 1275 Bugeye.=C2=A0 Wizzard radiators are not =
cheap, but they&#39;re made here.=C2=A0 BTW, my friend and=C2=A0 I are driv=
ing his Bugeye from Chicago to southern CA, leaving in two weeks for Concla=
v dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Apr 26, 2021, 11:35 AM Michael M=
acLean via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridg=
" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><=
div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0My Bugeye has been running hot in any =
ambient temperature over 80 degrees lately.=C2=A0 I have the original radia=
tor that was re-cored with an OEM type core almost 25 years ago.=C2=A0 I ha=
ve been leaning towards getting an aluminum radiator.=C2=A0 Moss sells a tw=
o row aluminum radiator for $300.=C2=A0 You can get a Chinese made Bugeye t=
ype radiator on Fleabay for $165 with free shipping.=C2=A0 Nevermind the fa=
ct Moss charges a $10 oversize fee on top of a shipping charge of $27 and t=
hen of course California has to get their cut ($24).=C2=A0 It adds up.=C2=
=A0=C2=A0<div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0A call to Moss just now was =
not all that helpful.=C2=A0 I was told that all they know is their aluminum=
 radiator comes from Moss Europe.=C2=A0 Other than that, they have no idea =
country of manufacture.=C2=A0 Since both radiators are just about the same =
in construction and core size I am not sure what to do here.=C2=A0 With Fra=
nk&#39;s words on Chinese made crap echoing in my head might I be better of=
f getting my original radiator re-cored with an up to date core that will h=
ave more cooling fin area?=C2=A0 Do the aluminum radiators make that much d=
------------------------<br>
rrer">spridgets@autox.team.net</a><br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"; rel=3D"norefer=