Re: another racing team to join TT?

To: Eric Mumford <mumford@rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: another racing team to join TT?
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 08:08:09 -0600
Eric,

Two brothers, eh? Reminds me of two Thicko brothers 25 years ago. Little
brother Don had bought the rustiest light blue '64 MGB you'd ever seen. My
first car was a '48 Plymouth Special DeLuxe Club Coupe..."the Turtle".
Seeing how cool it was to drive a sportscar, I went out and bought a '64
Triumph Spitfire. What a complete shitbox that was! One time on a date,
coming up to an intersection the light was turning red... I hit the brakes,
the driver's seat back broke, I fully reclined, and we went sailing through
the red light. That car taught me about engine rebuilds (how come there's
parts left over?), brake jobs, U joints, tranny rebuilds, electrical fires,
and ultimately pickup trucks and insurance companies. That car went away, to
be followed by the Austin Healey 100-6 that I still have today (I bought it
during my senior year in high school...1974). Donny's MGB rusted so bad, the
engine and tranny fell out due to a rotted frame. He replaced it with a '67
MGB (with overdrive... very cool car). He then learned his first insurance
lesson when while my dad drove it to work, the wiring harness went up in
smoke and flames.

You said, "My credit cards are predominately charged with MG parts and at
Mumford Bros Racing, we do the most we can with what we have. " I don't
recall having a credit card at 22, but maybe I did? I got news for you... if
you stick with this hobby, those cards will still be maxed when you get to
my age (42 next week... all hail the Flounder!).

As far as joining Team Thicko... you boys are in. Please got to
<http://www.thicko.com> and commit the entire site to memory. There will be
a quiz. We may even wave the initiation rite. Where are you whippersnappers
located? If you can get to a race event, we'll make you are boodle boys for
an afternoon, so the threat of the initiation ritual can never loom large in
your future.

As far as stickers... we'll be getting new stickers in time for the start of
our race season in May.

Welcome... nice to know we have the opportunity to warp young minds...

WST
Flounder