Re: another racing team to join TT?

To: Eric Mumford <mumford@rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: another racing team to join TT?
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 20:59:37 -0500
Please accept some advice from a current victim - er, member:

Eric Mumford wrote:

> I am writing to inquire whether or not Mumford Brothers Racing may join
> the ranks of Team Thicko.

Why not? You've already discerned that we're pretty rank...

> We're two brothers, obviously (or not so), I'm 22 and my brother is 16.
> We're working on two rubber-bumpered Midgets,

Male or female?

> hence the name.  We have no money, we're both in school and have
> annoying day jobs to support our MG habit.  We work in my school's (RPI)
> auto shop nights and weekends.  I do most of the "engine stuff" and
> heavy-duty stuff (using the oxy-acetylene torch and the mig welder) and
> he does most of the "interior" and "body work", with some help from me
> when "appropriate."

See previous message from Thompson regarding interior and body work and
gerbils......

  My credit cards are predominately charged
> with MG parts

OOPS -- sorry -- you don't qualify if you don't have a big enough credit
line to help with Mr. Thompson's Land Barge Sideswipe Repair Job.....

and at Mumford Bros Racing, we do the most we can with
> what we have.

The story of the life of most of us guys......

--
uncle jack in frigid iowa
TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer