another racing team to join TT?

To: Team Thicko mail list <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: another racing team to join TT?
From: Eric Mumford <mumford@rpi.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 21:46:32 -0500
I am writing to inquire whether or not Mumford Brothers Racing may join
the ranks of Team Thicko.

We're two brothers, obviously (or not so), I'm 22 and my brother is 16.
We're working on two rubber-bumpered MkIV Midgets, neither of which have
engines.  Neither of us have ever raced but are excited by the prospect,
hence the name.  We have no money, we're both in school and have
annoying day jobs to support our MG habit.  We work in my school's (RPI)
auto shop nights and weekends.  I do most of the "engine stuff" and
heavy-duty stuff (using the oxy-acetylene torch and the mig welder) and
he does most of the "interior" and "body work", with some help from me
when "appropriate."

We enjoy making fun of Porsche owners, Miatas, Ford trucks, and people
who drive Chevy's with red shag carpeting for an interior (true story).
We both like the Dodge Viper.  My credit cards are predominately charged
with MG parts and at Mumford Bros Racing, we do the most we can with
what we have.  Even when it means having to spend 5 hours beadblasting
and repainting parts to make them look shiny and fresh.

We could use some free decals, too.

 __.o,\____  *       Eric Mumford          *   ('v')  -> BA-KUK!
/__ \ /  _ ) *      mumford@rpi.edu        *  ((   ))
 (+)`---(+)  * http://travolta.stu.rpi.edu * --"---"--o