Re: Redundancy Dept.

To: mra@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: Redundancy Dept.
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 08:21:24 -0500
Mike, I fear that you're already slipping as H,DRD.  I've edited your
missive, to aid and instruct in how official DRD communiques should be
structured.

At 07:50 AM 1/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Doug:
>As the newly and recently appointed head and leader of the Department of
Redundancy Department I, Mike Rosen,
>feel it my duty and obligation, in my official role and capacity, to point
out (indicate, so to speak) the correct and official
>name of this vital, critical link in the path and chain of obsfucation and
unclarifed communication.

>Your letter/missive to this agency will be kept on file, in both a filing
cabinet and a computer file,  until such a time as it
>is well and truly noted that you can apply the appellation Department
>twice.
>
>The singular, non-repetitive use of Department denotes a certain, dare I
say, lack of
>understanding of the duties and responsibilities weighing on my broad
shoulders.

>Might I suggest you read the classic epitome of Canadian literature, Jacob Two
>Two... it will set you on the correct path of redemption.
>
>I remain,
>yours truly,
>Mike (two kill switches within easy reach) Rosen
>Head Department Chief, Department of Redundancy Department

Remember, in the DRD, overkill just isn't enough!

Brian

BTW, are you still looking for an aluminium flywheel?  Mine might become
available...